Anno 1404 - Venice : low framerate

• Hallo everyone !

I'm new here, even if I've played Anno 1404 for a long time I discovered this mod quite late..
    I also bought the Venice addon recently, and as I enjoyed playing Anno 1404 will full settings smoothly, I didn't expect the addon to be different. So I was wrong, it's unplayable, the framerate is low and the camera motion stutters. Even in low graphic settings it isn't smooth like my Anno 1404. :uag

Do you guys have experienced the same perfs gap between the two versions ?? I'm playing on a laptop with Win 8.0, i7 2.4Ghz, 8Go RAM and a Nvidia GT 650M graphic card (with the latest driver according to GeForce Experience).

Thanks a lot for any advice, I'd be very happy to have a good Venice game in order to install IAAM... :)

• Thanks for yous answer !

I don't know if it can have an effect, but the game is installed on my second HDD (not the one with Windows).
    Here is my DxDiag report. :)

• Hhmmm... the Venice-Grafic-Set is larger than the previous Version, but your notebook should support IAAM. 8 Cores it have? Nice.
    So, I don't now what happend. :hää
    I'm also not the technical support of this website or for anything... Maybe the guys here can help us?

• Okay I found out what was the problem, after a lot of uninstall/reinstall and defragmentation of the HDD... It happened that my computer decided, against all odds and in a unique Murphy's law style, to launch Anno 1404 Venise with the integrated Intel graphics :verrückt I don't know why, especially when this setting hadn't appeared for Anno 1404.
    So now it works fine, I'm relieved !! Tonight I'll install IAAM and finally enjoy this mod :rofl

Thanks for your help JeanneDoe, it's highly appreciated ! I hope this topic can be helpful for another user !

• Oh no! That's no laughing matter, if Murphy was there. :rofl
    The intern Intel Grafics is listed in the DX-Diag-Log, when I remember right?

What ever, have fun with IAAM Venice...