Residential area / Wohngebiet

• Hallo,

Ich möchte beginnen mit den Worten, dass ich mit einem Übersetzer, du meine Entschuldigung haben, wenn irgendwelche von diesem kommt falsch.

Ich habe vor kurzem begann mit IAAM 1404 und ich bin es zu lieben. Es ist nur eine kleine Modifikation Ich mag in setzen würde, wenn es möglich ist. Ich möchte, dass Straßen, ein Gehäuse und Bau Radius geben. Ich mag, um realistisch aussehende Städte zu bauen, während zur gleichen Zeit machen sie funktionsfähig und Krieg bereit.

Ich frage mich, wie man über das Tun dies gehen. Es ist ziemlich schwer zu halten mit dieser Website, die ich nicht verstehe sehr gut Deutsch. Mit allem, was ich brauchen, um in ein Thema wissen würde viel helfen.

Sorry, wenn dies lesen aus Ihren Augen bluten>.>,
    Michael

• SD wird mich dafür hassen ^^

Feel free to write English, here are many people who can understand it :D

We can also use the translator, and maybe it is not so difficult to read English as an bad translated text.

Back to topic: I don't think that this is possible (but of course I'm not one of the hard core modders, so I'm not really sure).
    But why don't you increase the radius of the markets? That would be simplier :zwinker

(Bitte schreib Englisch, das verstehen hier viele :D
    Wir können auch den Übersetzer nutzen und Englisch ist manchmal einfacher als ein schlechter deutscher Text.

BTT: Ich glaube nicht das das möglich ist (aber ich bin auch nicht sehr erfahren). Aber es wäre einfacher,
    den Einfluss der Marktplätze zu erhöhen)

EDIT: Zu spät... GrubenPony : Er möchte, dass Straßen als Marktplätze benutzt werden können. Auf Grund der Grammatik und der großgeschriebenen Ichs gehe ich einfach mal davon aus, dass er Englisch spricht.

• Hello!

Awesome news! I know a bit of german, I can pick out words and decipher the meaning of what is being said through context. Played a german/english enforced roleplay mmo called Illarion.

At any rate, back to topic! I thought about trying to figure out how to change the market place radius to be larger...but I felt it would make things too simple. With roads, if it were possible to give them a housing/construction radius just big enough to allow construction to blocks adjacent to it, it would require me to bring roads everywhere I want to build.... Then again... I suppose I would need roads connecting to everything anyways... I just dislike having to build a bunch of market places all over! ^.^

Any way you can point me in the right direction to increase marketplace radius within the I.A.A.M mod, without messing it up, please?

Thanks,
    Michael

P.S: again, sorry for murdering your language... I place blame on google. They translated it for me. It is much better at translatingDeutsch to English

• At first you need the RDA-explorer Notepad is usefull too.
    This tool allows you to open the files of your Anno-Installation (IAAM too)
    Then open the file "Your Installation of Anno"\addon\patch0.rda
    Now you search the file addondata\config\game\assets.xml
    You need also "Your Installation of Anno"\maindata\patch2.rda\data\loca\eng\txt\guids.txt
    There you will find the GUID of the marketplace or the building you want to modificate. (Just search it for the name of the building)
    Then go to assets.xml and search <GUID>"GUID of your building"</GUID>
    Now you can modificate the building by changing it (if you think about the content, you will understand what the lines mean). Then save it, go to RDA-explorer, save the file and start IAAM/ANNO. I hope you have understood it, I'm not really good in explaning things.

PS: Maybe you'll find some English tutorials in the Internet.

• Montecristo,

Thanks for the help. Out of curiosity... Does GUID change the shape of building (how it is placed on an island's grid), or does it change it's influence? Because under the marketplace code of Assets.xml within "addon/patch0.RDA" it also has an entry for influence

Code
    1. Influence>
    2. <InfluenceRadius>20</InfluenceRadius>
    3. <InfluenceRadiusType>Residence</InfluenceRadiusType>
    4. <InfluenceRadiusTypeNeeded/>

Now... from the looks of that, it seems that will affect where peasant houses can be built. Each physical asset (object within the game) has a GUID code that hooks to "guid.txt", but they don't all have that influence code. I don't want to ask for help, then question it... But are you sure that the GUID code isn't the placement grid (the squares the light up under a building showing what space it takes up)?

I'll give it a try the way you said and report back! Wish me luck!

:prost ,
    Michael

• I said something wrong? I'm sorry.

But yes, Influence radius does the change you want. Radius means the number of boxes, which the radius demands.
    Type is the type of buildings you can build here. Yes, not all buildings have this text, because of a residence doesn't need it.
    GUID code is necessary to combine the building with other files (And really usefull to find something), for example texts. guids.txt is the file which changes the names. Don't change the GUID, the building wouldn't be available in game anymore.

Placement grid is changed by MainData\Data2\"all cfg-files you can find, the ifo files too (Open with a texteditor)" and MainData\patch1 (here are most of the IAAM-buildings) But this is another story.

• Montecristo,

Ah! Sorry, it was a misunderstanding. I thought you were suggesting that I alter the QUID code, when in fact you were simply telling me to use them as reference so I can find what I need. My apologies. I got it now, you've been awesome sir. I really appreciate the help.

Thank you,
    Michael