• Is it right, that you can't open any island?

Oei, after half an hour editing, a new island, with the island editor 1.20, nord island, 512x512 size, schwerig type, while placing lots of rocks and rivers and buildable coastlines, the island editor suddenly, without any bug report went gone. No instance of the program running anymore.

Do you start a quicksave? While quicksave is the program blocked (in difference to normal saving!) and can't react. Today, I have a crash while a quicksave. I guess the saving routine don't along with the blockling save. So, please don't use the quicksave, because it's buggy! I will solve the problem in the next version.

Bitte den Quicksave nicht benutzen, der ist fehlerhaft! Ich werde das Problem in der nächsten Version beheben.

• I can open existing island sometimes, but not always. Sometimes a message with error. Sometimes the editor runs longer, so I can edit a bit. And sometimes the program terminates without any warning, without a message.

• I made a small island with river, stones, rocks, a mine, buildable beach area. I am now introducing it in the rda file and in the world editor en then in the game.
    So yes, small islands can be made, it was a 128 squared size. But i can now not open the island: if I open the editor, open the island, it loads, then I see the island and the objects, and two seconds later the editor stops running with a message given, see attachment:

But here again I could edit my new island. 1 time of the 5 times I can edit my island. The other 4 times crashing.

• Can you show a picture (screen shot) from your island (ingame)? I'm always curios about islands... :D

In my review of the source code I've found some bugs, so probably I bring today or tomorrow a new update. But I can't find any clue for your errors. :wand

BTW a question: Do you have installed the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributale" and/or the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime"?

• I've found a little bug which can make problem similar to yours. I have uploaded the new version in "Kontor". Hopefully the island editor is now more stable! :daumen

Patchnotes:

- Es wurde ein Fehler beim Quicksave und beim Quickload behoben. Diese sollten nun wieder funktionieren. ACHTUNG: Sie funktionieren jetzt genauso wie der normale Speicher- bzw. Ladevorgang. Das heißt, das Programm funktioniert wärend des Speicher- bzw. Ladevorgangs ganz normal. Änderungen an der Insel sollten jedoch nicht durchgeführt werden, da dies zu undefiniertem Verhalten führen kann.
    - Es wurde eine Bedienungsänderung beim Setzen von Objekten durchgeführt: Während ein Objekt angewählt ist, d.h. an der Maus hängt, können Objekte nicht mehr verschonben werden. Zudem werden jetzt Objekte beim (Runter-)drücken der Maustaste gesetzt und nicht mehr beim Loslassen.
    - Der Dialog zum Erstellen einer neuen Insel wird nun immer in der richtigen Größe angezeigt.
    - Es wurde ein Fehler behoben, der bewirkte, dass teilweise Straßendaten beim Neuerstellen einer Insel nicht gelöscht wurden.
    - Es wurde ein Stabilitätsproblem behoben, das auf Dauer zum Absturz führen konnte.

In english:
    - A bug while Quicksave and Quickload is solved. Quickload and Quickload now should work fine. ATTENTION: Quicksave and Quickload now works same like save/laod, so the don't block program. But while the computer is saving, it is not recommented to edit the island!
    - A little operation chance: When an object is choosen in the right area, already places objects can't move anymore. So, befor you can move an object, unchoose the object on mouse with a right click.
    - A second little operation chance: Objects now are placed when you press the mouse button, and not, if you release it.
    - The dialog to create a new island now always have the right size.
    - A bug while deleting the streets is solved. New islands don't take old streets anymore.
    - A little stability problem is solved. The problem can cause a program crash over a longer time.

Sorry for my poor translation, i'm not so good in english. :D

• Weltensucher , wenn ich laden die Insel mit dem Island-Editor , dem Addon Version data3.rda Süd (s_l04.isd) , bekomme ich einige rote Texturen. Wissen Sie, was die sein? Besteht diesem textur auch im Island-Editor ?

• Hallo Ward Dhuyvetter,

das sind sogenannte "Surf Lines" = Wellenlinien. / That are so called surf lines, who creates waves.

Warum schreibst du plötzlich auf Deutsch?/ Why do you write German suddenly?

Weltensucher

Socrato : OK, I recognized it, but I can't say anything in the moment. Of course I find from time to time bugs in source code, but on my computer the editor is quite stable.