• Good day - that greeting is all the German I am able to understand or speak, but I have come to the German forum because I NEED HELP !!!

I love the World Editor tool, sadly I cannot make the maps I create appear in the game.
    I play Dawn of Discovery - Venice and never the basic game (I was not even aware the game is called Anno 1404 until recently) .
    I re-downloaded the game from Ubisoft directly two months ago.
    I use Brumbek 2.1 patch: because I was too lazy to update the Tages driver.
    I create the maps using the World Editor Venice addon .
    World Editor saves the map to the Anno 1404 Venice folder.
    They do not show up in the game.

And

I copied the thred below from another forum, it might answer my question - I could not understand the Google translation - please read the last entry by felix Hoffmeyer.

HELP! This is very frustrating. :wand

Thank you

Bloodhound1985 22-04-10, 08:17 Hello, I despair slowly .... have looked in the forum but not helped hats. Did WorldEditor2 created in a map .... stored in C: \ Users \ My Name \ Documents \ Anno 1404 Venice \ Scenarios and sometimes stored in the cache subfolder. because the file saves he then called Versuch1.rdu and in the cache folder it creates an image of the map .... now I start the game go to player scenarios, but since then nothing ... like Off I ?? the map or why I do not find them .... ?? please can someone help me

Manic_Xero 22-04-10, 09:05 In your Tools folder contains two different World editors. You have to start for Venice. Scenarios are created with the "normal" editor and saved in Venice folders are not displayed in the game (incompatible). Create the card with the right editor and it works

Bloodhound1985 22-04-10, 10:02 super now everything goes THANK YOU ....

felix Hoffmeyer 29-04-10, 12:21 And for me it still does not go. Did Windows 7 ... I have the maps in the correct folder packed (users / anno1404-venice / scenarios), also tried it with the Administrator function and also uses the right editor for the add-on and a card created or downloaded me a map of venice, but unfortunately I see at all no card in the game!

Nightmare_82 29-04-10, 00:49 Posted by felix Hoffmeyer: And for me it is still not working. Did Windows 7 ... I have the maps packed in the correct folder (users / anno1404-venice ! / scenarios), also tried it with the Administrator function and also uses the right editor for the add-on and a card created or downloaded me a map of venice, but unfortunately I do not see any card in the game Just to make sure: If the directory "... (User Name) \ Documents \ Anno 1404 Venice \ Scenarios"?

felix Hoffmeyer 29-04-10, 05:38 This is exactly. , when I start the editor and save my card wants, then comes this directory already automatically ... Anyone else have an idea? Will play finally !!!! :-(

calypso1960 29-04-10, 06:57 A similar problem at first I was once. You wrote that you have the card under test have ... saved. That's pretty far back in the alphabet., if you have multiple cards stored, it may be that it is not on the first page, but on the second page. Just scroll down a bit on the right. This is sometimes a bit hard to see. If you however only have saved a map, then there is no need my advice, because then they would have to immediately appear on the first page.

felix Hoffmeyer 30-04-10, 01:52 It was the fact that I play the engl version and the directory "anno 1404 VENICE" had to say, and not "Venice":-) Here we go :-)

• Hello Logan,
    welcom to the ProjectAnno-Forum.

When you start the World Editor, use the
    "WorldEditor2.exe", or "WorldEditor2AddonUserContent.bat"?

greeting
    Soricida

Ich bin ja nicht Neugierig, aber wissen möchte ich es schon!

• Ok, here are my actions to create a map in "Dawn of Discovery - Gold Edition" using the "World Editor 2 - AddOn". ("WE 2A")

Step 1. Install World Editor to my tools folder. (see attached photo "Step 1")

Addendum: Windows 8.1 installed "World Editor 2" in TWO locations. 1. "Related Designs...Tools" folder (see "Step 1" attachment) and 2. in a hidden folder (see the directory/address in "Addendum to Step 1-a" attachment)
    The icons Windows 8.1 created for "WE 2A" on the extended "Start" screen (see "Addendum to Step 1-b" attachment) use the the hidden folder, that copy of the "WE 2A" would not even open a map created by the "WE 2A"!!
    I deleted that copy then re-started my computer and created another map - but still it does not appear in game. (I am crying now and chewing on the table.)

So on with my steps:

Step 2. Begin "World Editor - Addon"(see attached photo "Step 2")

Step 3. Make TEST map by selecting "New random map". Select "Default" for north and south "Light"(see attached photo "Step 3")

Step 4. Select players as follows: 0=Human, 1= Leif Jorgensen, 2=Baroness Costanza, 3=Kardinal Lucius(see attached photo "Step 4")

(remaining steps in the following post)

• Step 5. Save map.
    (see attached photo "Step 5")

Step 6. Look for map in folders
    (see attached photos "Step 6-a and 6-b")

Step 7. Start "Dawn of Discovery Venice"
    (see attached photo "Step 7")

Step 8. Look in "Player Scenario" for maps
    (see attached photo "Step 8")

Step 9. Sob bitterly. Please help

• Have you download the World Editor tool from UBI-Soft,
    and too from Project Anno - Forum (this is only for the I.A.A.M.! )?

(sorry, i speak only broken english)

Ich bin ja nicht Neugierig, aber wissen möchte ich es schon!

• 1. It seems that Ubisoft made the download version of "Dawn of Discovery Gold Edition" ONE single install with no other option. However it is possible for me to play Anno 1404 (I never have) or Dawn Of Discovery Gold Edition.

I do not know why there is no "Dawn Of Discovery Gold Edition" folder or "Dawn of Discovery Venice" folder.

2. The folder you want to see no longer exists. I deleted it because when I opened World Editor 2 - Venice from that folder it could not even find a map it had just saved . The World Editor is now only found in "Related Design...tools". (see "Step 1")

• However it is possible for me to play Anno 1404 (I never have) or Dawn Of Discovery Gold Edition.

Still I'm puzzled ...

You never have played Anno 1404, but your Step_5.png & Step_6.png seems to indicate, that you nevertheless save your TEST map to
    ThisPC > Documents > Anno 1404 Venedig > Scenarios
    and not to ThisPC > Documents > Dawn Of Discovery > Scenarios.

As you installed WorldEditor2 to Ubisoft > Related Designs > Dawn of Discovery - Gold Edition > tools (Step_1.bmp)
    and run the "Addon" executable in Ubisoft > Related Designs > Dawn of Discovery - Gold Edition (Step_7.png),
    it feels more appropriate for me to save to ThisPC > Documents > Dawn Of Discovery > Scenarios.

You kind of crossed it over - or so, anyway my brain is twisted now there and back again. Hope you understand ... :roll

[If this doesn't work, maybe you have to rename the deleted folder to
    ThisPC > Documents > Dawn Of Discovery - Gold Edition > Scenarios. Weird ...]

please show me the contents of this folder:

Genau die richtige Frage! (Aber ich vermute, wenn er nach 'Anno 1404 Venedig' speichert, war der 'Dawn Of Discovery' vor dem Löschen leer, vgl. auch Step_8.png)

• Well, mister Joel Carmickle, I suppose, this is just another well thought out riddle for the krauts ... ?

Just in case you are still interested in the salvation of the original problem:

In Email conversation an english gamer confirmed me yesterday, that saving WE2 maps to
    Documents > Dawn Of Discovery > Scenarios
    WORKS fine ...
    (cf. to your Step 5.png)

roger, over & out

EOF